- Weekly Zazen Weekly zazen periods are held at the Great Mountain Zen Center at Maitreya Abbey in Berthoud; Dharma Ocean sitting space in North Boulder; Solstice Center in Central Boulder; and Community Holistic Health Center in Lafayette. Beginners are welcome at all sittings. See the Weekly Practice Schedule for more information and directions.
- Sesshin Sesshin, an intensive retreat, includes zazen, sutra chanting, work practice, Dharma discussions, and private interviews with Roshis. Weekend sesshins are held 6-9 times a year and formal week-long sesshins are held twice a year, in June and December. Cost for a weekend sesshin is $130 for members and students, $170 for non-members. Cost for a week-long sesshin is $455 for members and students, $595 non-members. Part-time participation is allowed. See the event schedule for dates. Download an application form, and contact the Center via e-mail to register. Early registration is greatly appreciated. Information on sesshin schedule and what to bring.
- Introduction to Zen Introduction to Zen Practice is held the first Monday of each month at the Integral Center, Broadway and Balsam, Boulder. Sign up through the Meetup. The session includes posture instruction, short sitting periods, discussion of Zen lineage.
- Zazenkai (All-Day Sittings) Zazenkais are held at Willow Farm Zendo in Hygiene, led by Gyodo Sensei. The schedule typically goes from 8:30am-5:30pm and includes zazen, walking meditation, work practice, lunch, and interview.
- Great Heart Zen Practice Great Heart Zen Practice is a program that combines traditional Zen meditation with intensive workshops, aimed at uncovering how personal conditioning obstructs our experience of oneness.
- Ango (“Peaceful Dwelling”) Ango is a 90-day period during which all practitioners are invited to increase their commitment to practice. Ango occurs from September through the end of Rohatsu retreat in early December.